March 2, 2010

Lots going on....

There is a lot going on in Lean Dog Land.... as you can see I haven't posted in a while!! OOPS! Sorry about that.
If you didn't know already, I have been having kiln issues for the past 6 months!! I cannot believe its been that long, but it has! (I was gone out of town for 2 of those months, so I don't like to count them.) Finally I decided to get my other kiln that has been at my parents house (3 hours away!). It's coming to me on Wednesday! YIPEE! Lets just hope its not an electrical issue and it ruins this kiln too! Its a big fear of mine. I really don't know what I would do!

Then I have some big shows coming up. One every month starting in May until November. Art in the Park, Dinosaur Caves in Shell Beach, California. I did it last year and it was so much fun. Met lots of neat people, got to hang out by the beach all day, and share my art with everyone. Couldn't get any better than that. And I am very much looking forward to it. BUT, since my kiln has been down for 6 months, I have been basically dwindling down my stock - so I need to pump out tons of stuff. I do have stuff dried out on the shelves just waiting to be fired, so thats great. But more pottery is what is needed!!! And I haven't thrown in probably 6 months!! Oh my!

I am also slightly involved in a local San Luis Obispo group called UpcycleSLO. We are having an event on April 17th, 2010 called Swap-O-Rama-Rama. It's really cool, basically you can go through a series of workshops, that will be given throughout the day, to turn an old and unwanted piece of clothing into something else entirely. If you're local and are interested, feel free to send me a message and I'll point you in the right direction!

Then I am involved in a private project with my husband creating mobile phone applications... I am just a data collector/researcher, but it still takes up a lot of my time!!

Lastly, I have tons of house projects going on: painting my kitchen, organizing my studio, starting a compost pile, planning on starting a garden, etc... its never ending!!!

And also I have to remember my business and marketing. Oh my, is that a chore!! But it has to be done. I recently discovered Link Love - well, I had noticed it about a month ago on Facebook, but didn't realize the size of it, and how wonderful it is until just this past weekend. Its where you share your links on others fan pages and then you follow/fan others links. It's an amazing way to find new awesome people and their art! It's a great way to network and share and explore. An Etsy seller by the name of Runway Crochet wrote up a good blog post about Link Love with advice and quotes from what fellow artists say about Link Love. Runway Crochet has also started a blog called Link Love Success! - which tells success stories with Link Love. If you have one you can let her know and she'll write up a blog post about you, and your success!!

Well, I'm off to take care of some of my tasks for the day!! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You've got so much going on, that's awesome! I love seeing fellow creative folks being able to do what they love and use their talents. Good luck at all your events.

    ReplyDelete